Witton Stocks, Blackburn
This view looks towards Redlam. From January 26th, 1889, the horse drawn tram route came as far as the Griffin Inn at Redlam. In March of that year the new electrified route was extended to Witton Stocks, and on October 10th, 1903 it was extended yet again to Cherry Tree. This made it the only route to have been extended twice. Features to note are the traditional barber's pole and the advertisements for Frys and Rowntrees on the interestingly shaped shop in the foreground.