Stepping Stones, near Padiham
A rural view of cows and horses traversing the River Calder near Padiham.The river connects Padiham with Whalley. Padiham has a long history, dating back to 1294 when it was recorded as Padyngham, and belonged to the De Lacy Family of the Honor of Clitheroe. It began to develop in the 19th century as a textile town, when many mills and streets of terraced housing sprang up.
J. W. Shaw Exhibition Main Menu