Fountain, Corporation Park, Blackburn
This is 1 of 4 fountains in Corporation Park, and is the largest. 3 of the 4 were given by the Mayor William Pilkington, who opened the Park during his mayoral term.This is close to the gates of the Preston New Road entrance. The fountain caused annoyance to park users from the drift from the water jet and was later turned off, and the basin filled with flowers.
Their Majesties King George V and Queen Mary visited Blackburn in July 1913, and Corporation Park was one of the places they visted. To find out more about the visit, click here.
Shaw's photographs of the flower beds and conservatory are also in the exhibition and to read more about the history of Corporation Park, click here.
J. W. Shaw Exhibition Main Menu