Leamington Road Baptist Church, Blackburn
Blackburn's first Baptist Church was at Montague Street. In 1891 a second was proposed, with this site being chosen. The foundation stone was laid in 1893 and the church opened in 1895 after a building strike had delayed the work. The imposing structure is constructed of terra cotta and red brick and the cost was about £6000. The first minister was Rev. Walter Mursell.
J. W. Shaw Exhibition Main Menu