Situated in the Wyre Valley, this is a "model" industrial village created by the Jackson Family to improve the industrial potential of nearby Oakenclough. They built two cotton mills and terraced housing for the workers. The waste from these mills was taken to another of the Jacksons' mills at Oakenclough where it was used in the paper making process. The Church was built by public subscription and consecrated in 1863.
J. W. Shaw Exhibition Main Menu