The Mayor's Chain originally belongs to Darwen Council and was made in 1879 by T. J. Bragg of Birmingham and was used in Darwen until 1974 when Blackburn and Darwen joined together as Blackburn Borough Council. It has been used by Mayors of Blackburn Borough Council and Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council. Attached to the chain is a pendant with the Blackburn Coat of Arms. Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council uses this chain as the original Blackburn chains were stolen.
Gold Pendant and Badges
Other Mayoral Items
Charters of Incorporation: Blackburn
Charter of Incorporation: Darwen
Civic Pride Main Menu