Exchange Street, Blackburn
A familiar view looking up King William Street to Sudell Cross. One of Blackburn's finest buildings the Cotton Exchange is at the left. The corner stone was laid in 1863 and the building opened for the sale of cotton in 1865. The original design featured two wings, but the second wing was never completed. the cost of the building was about £9,000. The building later became a cinema, currently known as the Apollo.
The Cotton Exchange is one of many fine buildings in Blackburn and Darwen. To find out more about the listed buildings and building heritage of the area click here.
J. W. Shaw Exhibition Main Menu