View showing the statue of Queen Victoria, in front of the Parish Church (now the Cathedral).The sculptor was Sir Bertram Mackennal. One of Victoria's daughters, Princess Louise, performed the unveiling ceremony on 30th September 1905. An estimated 200,000 people lined the Princess's route. The statue stands 11 feet high and the base is 14 feet high.
The railings, piers, lampholders & statue of Queen Victoria as well as the Cathedral Gateway at the top of Church Street and the Cathedral itself are all listed structures. Click here to find out where all the other 200+ listed buildings are in Blackburn and Darwen.
J. W. Shaw Exhibition Main Menu