Welcome to the Cotton Town Image Gallery!
Here you will find a selection of photographs and images of Blackburn, Darwen and surrounding areas. The image gallery will continue to develop as new images are constantly added.
Please keep checking the website for recent additions!
The Whalley Range area of Blackburn sometime around 1975.
Roger Bracewell took the above photographs as part of a series whilst still at school for a photography competition.
Roger is now a Licentiate of the Royal Photographic Society. Are you in these photographs or do you recognise who they are?
If you have any information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Blackburn with Darwen Library & Information Service (BwDL&IS) welcomes donations of photographs relating to Blackburn, Darwen and surrounding areas in order to add to our collections and to develop the image gallery.
If you donate or loan of images then you need to consider the following:
- All images donated to us need to be out of copyright otherwise BwDL&IS need to have your written permission in order to digitise and publish them.
- Possession of an image does not necessarily mean you own copyright to the image and copyright laws are strict. The Library Service only accept images where the owner can grant us the right to use copies.
- The image/s supplied will be published on Cottontown.
- BwDL&IS may supply images to customers for their personal study and use.
- The images may be used to promote the work and collections of Blackburn with Darwen Library & Information Service.
Unidentified Images. We need your help! We know very little about some of the photographs held within our collections so if you have any further information about the photographs displayed in the image gallery please contact the Community History Department at Blackburn Library.
Volunteer: Volunteer support is very welcome in order to help us develop the image gallery on Cotton Town. Please contact Blackburn Library 01254 661221.
Contact Details: Please see details below.